Monday, November 10, 2014

First blog....Reviewing Essie Truth or Flare.

Today on the blog I have tried one of the many untrieds sitting in my polish cabinet.  It was a quick replacement mani because I was unhappy with the color I had on from the night before.  So to start fresh I grabbed a bottle of Essie's Truth or Flare.  Now this is my first blog post so I'll let you in on a little secret: I love the color blue I gravitate towards anything blue.  Needless to say this untried called to me begging me to try it.

Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed I assumed this would be a amazing blue cream polish totally opaque in two coats.  What I did end up with was a first coat that was runny and you could barely see any of that gorgeous blue the bottle showed. It took a heap of polish on the brush the second time around in order to get the opacity I was after.  Needless to say the application left a lot to be desired but none the less the blue is still stunning.

But, I just couldn't leave well enough alone lately my other obsession is holo toppers and I thought this mani needed a little something so I grabbed my bottle of KB Shimmers Prism Break and omg what a difference it made.  Before I merely liked my nail color after adding the holo topper I am in love with my nails and can't stop staring.

Would I recommend Essie Truth or Flare, yes.  If you have the time and don't mind using two thick coats or three thin coats to get what you're after then I would say for those lovers of blue this is a must have.

No comments:

Post a Comment